Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 36 – Hanging in Boulder – March 29th, 2011

Today was an off day, meaning I spent most of the day catching up on organizing photos, updating the blog, reading emails, FB, getting a haircut and planning the next stages of the trip. We also had to repack and plan for the next 2 days, we would be backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park and snow camping. Sometime travelling full time can be a lot of work! However I could not go all day with doing nothing. I had made plans with Ira, the guy I met through the back country skiing meetup to go to a local climbing gym and really get a feel for what Boulder was all about. After a bit of refresher training on my knots and belaying, Ira and I started off on a few different climbs. After maybe an hour I was completely burnt out, and had barely enough left in me to lift a water bottle (much less a pint), so we headed off to Southern Sun, a fine Boulder brew pub to meet up with Rose and Joe. Joe was our couch surfing host for one night and he and Ira were sharing stories with us of their long term cross country trips that they had both taken.   I really enjoyed Boulder, it’s smaller than Denver, but everyone here is super active, my kind of town!


No comments:

Post a Comment