Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

FTF Day 192-193 – Berkeley, California – Sept 1st-2nd, 2011


Laser Tag, homeless people and more in Berkeley

I visited Berkeley for some downtime and to check out the city.  It was a lot different than San Francisco (which is just across the bay).  I couch surfed for 2 nights with Ankur.  He has a well located place and I did some nice runs around the hills and campus.  The real highlight of my stay was playing Laser Tag on campus with him and his friends.  They have a dozen Nerf Laser Tag guns and we would set boundries and run around like 8 year olds shooting each other at night.  At one point during the games, this undergrad girl that looked like she was headed out for a night on the town stop, looked at us and said “What are you doing?”  The 2 or 3 of us standing there with toy guns in our hands responded:  “Playing Laser Tag”.   She looked disturbed by this and walked away.  It was so dorky, but way cool at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment