Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Thursday, September 22, 2011

FTF Day 198-200 - Merced, CA - Sept 7th-9th, 2011


Unexpected visit to Merced, CA results in lots of fun with some new friends.

Since I knew my car was getting towed to Merced, CA I knew I would be there for a day or two.  Since I did not have internet access, I asked CS friend, Sally, to post an emergency Couchsurf request for me.  I had two people get back to me ready to host Adam and Eddie.  I decided to stay with Adam the first night and Eddie.  Adam and I went out for some Mexican and then Frisbee golf afterwards.  He dropped me off at the dealership but unfortunately my car would not be ready until the following day, so I hung out in Merced for the day until Eddie could pick me up and host me for a 2nd night.  He and hung out at his place and he had a couple friends over for some ping pong, beer and good times.  Merced may be a small town but I’ll always have good memories of my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment