Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 16 - Greenville, SC

Jeep Odometer:  269 547 km

Upon arriving in Greenville, SC I went straight to the hospital for a CT scan. Doctor Frazier reviewed the results and determined the cyst was growing on the end of the mastoid. He told me that he did not feel he was experienced enough to work on it. He said the risk was permanent damage to my facial nerve, which would mean I would look like a stroke victim for the rest of my life. We discussed my options, and he knew I was travelling for some time so he agreed to help me find a doctor in Colorado that could work on me while I was there.

I spent the evening catching up with friends at Happy Hour and dinner afterwards at Nose Dive. Although I had been gone for only 2 weeks it was great to see so many familiar faces again. I know this is probably the last time I may see some of them ever, or least for a long time. I will miss the friends that I have made, and hope that our friendships can span the distances between us. I also hope that many of them will make an effort to join me at some point, even if it’s only for a few days of camping in California, or sightseeing in a the city, it would be great to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment