Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 17-18, Nashville, TN

Jeep Mileage:  270475 km

Leaving Greenville, I headed for Asheville, NC to pick up Rose. She had been staying with a couch surfing friend. After much deliberation, we decided only to drive through the Smoke Mountain National Park and not stop and camp for 2 days, as we had originally planned. The weather forecast was for heavy rains, and possible flood warnings and snow, not exactly ideal camping weather. So we merely drove through the park on our way to Nashville.


We arrived in Nashville in time for dinner and met our Couch surfing host Todd. He is a semi professional photographer that lived in a small cottage, with a loft in east Nashville. He was very interested in Portland, as he is planning to make it his next home some, he and rose had a lot to talk about. I was battling a bit of a cold, so I took it easy.

The next day Rose and I got up early and ventured into the city for some sightseeing. We headed straight for Centennial Park and the Parthenon. The morning light and the blue skies made for some great photographs, next we walked over to music row, and then back downtown for some lunch and to check out all of the touristy music bars. Later we went to the State Museum, and finally the state capitol building before heading back to our hosts place for nap. In the evening we hit a local bar/restaurant with Todd for dinner, then Rose proceeded to school me on the great art of foosball. Final scores were 5-1, 5-0, 5-2, and 5-2. Rose won all of them. I am hoping over the next few months I can improve, otherwise she may grow bored of even playing me.

The next day we took advantage of the nice weather (high’s of 68F), and carefully repacked the car, while searching for my Iron Ring which I had lost a few days earlier. Unfortunately it did not come up but I am hoping it will turn up in the next few days, we’ll see. Once all packed up we headed for Mammoth Caves, Kentucky.

link to Photo Album:  Day 17

No comments:

Post a Comment