Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 78-79 – Back in Denver – May 10th-11th, 2011

Rose and I returned to Denver for a couple reasons.  I know you’re thinking why are they still in Colorado?  Well because of my unexpected ear surgery, we had to head back to Denver, so I could see my ear surgeon.  I had to get the packing removed.   We are also back so that Rose can catch a plane to Alaska.  We have decided to part ways, as our interests are too different, and 2 ½ months of travel has been tough on our friendship.  We wanted to part ways on good terms, and did just that.  Rose will be heading to Alaska to WWOOF at a kayaking Eco-Lodge for a few weeks.  We are planning to try and meetup again later in the summer, if it works for both our schedules.  We made arrangements to stay with our favourite hosts in Denver, Annie and Ian.  Unfortunately Annie was out of town on business, but we got to hang out with Ian plenty, share some stories, beers and laughs.  I had some ‘Salted Oreo’ ice cream at Little Man ice cream, yes it was a bit salty but tasty.  We even managed to get to Pasquini’s, our favourite bar in Highlands.  We found it on our first trip to Denver and it was awesome!  They have a progressive happy hour:


Pasquini's Progressive Happy Hour (everyday)
5:00-5:30 PM = $0.10 Sliders (small meatball sandwiches), and Pizza slices (they are good too) and $0.50 PBRs
5:30-6:00PM = $0.50 Sliders and Pizza slices, $1.00 PBRs






We arrived right at 5:00PM, too take advantage of the deal, Ian met us there and we all ate and drank for $11!  Ian was even kind enough to pay for it all!
I still rank Denver as top of my list of places to live, the weather, people, neighbourhoods are all great.  I had a great run through the city and along the river, and could definitely see myself living there one day. 


After my appointment, I drove to Leadville, CO to meet my friend Mike Mays.  I had made arrangements with Mike to do one more mountain climb before I left to head north.   Our objective was Mt. Harvard.


Photo Album:  FTF Day 78-79

No comments:

Post a Comment