Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 82-83 – Fort Collins, Colorado again! – May 14th-15th, 2011


Upon arriving in Fort Collins, I had about 4 hrs to kill before Kelley was done work, so I went for a 3 hr run on the La Poudre river trail system, I noticed even more cyclist swarming the streets than I had the last time I was in Fort Collins (FoCo).  They seem to be everywhere, such a great place to live where everyone seems to be on their bikes.  When I was finished I headed for the Odell brewery to have a beer and wait for Kelley, in front of the brewery there were tons of bikes!  It seems the thing to do in Fort Collins on a Friday afternoon is bike to one of the local breweries (there are something like 6 of them, not mention all the brew pubs)  After a couple beers we headed back to Kelley’s place to I could get cleaned up.  That evening we met with Julie for dinner, then headed to a basement Jazz bar, very fancy and very un-Colorado.  After a drink or two we brought balance to the equation by hitting FoCo’s diviest bars, TrailHead where one can enjoy (and I did) $5 pitchers of PBR.  With all the great beers brewed in Colorado I feel ashamed drinking PBR so much, but you can’t beat the price.
The rest of the weekend we had a great breakfast at Smooze, I had the pancake flight three different flavoured pancakes, we visited O’Dells again, and then headed to a house party with some of Kelley’s Salsa dancing friends.  Sunday morning I said adieu and hit the road early.  I had a 7.5 hr drive to Jackson, WY ahead of me.  FoCo is definitely high on my list of places I could live, the only drawback is the distance from the mountains, a minimum of 1.5 hrs to ski but more like 2.5 or 3 for most resorts.  Rocky Mountain National park is just over an hour away so that is a plus.  It will remain on the short list along with Denver, and Boulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment