Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 147-149 – Delta Junction, AK – July 18th-20th

After leaving Anchorage I was ready for some downtime.  Lara had contacted me and invited me to come to her place in Delta Junction.  It was on my way back to Canada and it would give me a chance to catch up on some blogging and other admin work.  Lara live in a dry Cabin, she got the place dirt cheap and has been working on it for a couple years, so I volunteered to help her out.  I helped out my replacing the subfloor under the sink which was rotted out.  That evening we met with a couple of her friends, and then decided to have a bonfire at Lara’s, she has lots and lots of scrap wood, and logs in her 5 acre yard to burn, so it was quite the fire.  I really enjoyed just relaxing and doing some useful handy-work, sometimes you miss the “normal” life.

No comments:

Post a Comment