Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 150 – Dawson City, Yukon Territory – July 21st, 2011

I arrived in Dawson City and contacted my couch surfing host Mark. He asked me if I played soccer and I said “a bit” he said “good enough” and explained to me where to find him. I went down to the park and joined a pickup game of soccer, it’s been about 6 months since I have played, but it was good fun after spending most of the day in the car driving. Afterwards we headed downtown so mark could show me around town. That’s when he insisted I try the sourtoe cocktail. Check out the photos for more on this! After some pool, karaoke we headed back to the camper in the RV park where he is staying for the summer. I’ve couch surfed in a ll kinds of places, it’s been very cool no matter where it is. The next day I woke up and headed out for a run, the first in a couple week. After a quick shower I headed out destined for Whitehorse.

Album:  FTF Day 150

No comments:

Post a Comment