Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 171 – Ellensburg, WA – August 11th, 2011


I decided to break up the drive on my way to Seattle, WA by stopping for a night in Ellensburg, WA.   It’s a small college town with a historic downtown and a brewery!  I arranged to couchsurf with Pedro and Karen.  They own a couple houses all next to each other and are renovating some, renting out others and living in one of them  I was invited to stay in a garage that is currently being renovated into a living space.  It was quite comfortable this time of year.  When I arrived I helped out with a couple small projects, and then Pedro and I headed out to get a new Keg of beer at the local Iron Horse Brewery.  We had a beer there and then brought the keg back to their place where a few of their friends came over, we had a fire outside and Pedro cooked some beef over the open fire, it was a great night.  The next day I met with another couchsurfer, Ian in Ellensburg for a run.  Afterwards I headed to Seattle.



No comments:

Post a Comment