Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

FTF Day 172 - Seattle, WA – August 12th, 2011


Reuniting with old friends, making new ones and prepping for Mt.Baker

I arrived in Seattle and had time to meet up with Rose, who was also visiting the city.  We did a walk around downtown and caught up on our travel stories.  We then headed to a Thursday night Happy Hour Couchsurfing meeting in Seattle, WA.  That evening Brian and I decided on Mt. Baker via the Boulder Glacier route as our objective for the weekend.  We packed some gear and headed to bed. 

Friday morning after a run, I met with sally a couchsurfer I met the night before.  We headed to the international district for some Thai food and a visit to the Asian supermarket.  Sally told me about how she has been travelling for 2 ½ years.  Visiting South America, sailing in the Caribbean and the United States.  The Rose, sally and I headed to the Red Hook Brewery for a tour and tasting.  That night Brian and I made final preparations for the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment