Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 1

Jeep Odometer = 265712

Today all of the planning, packing, reading, saving and preparations finally came together. Today was the day I would leave Greenville, and start the biggest adventure of my life. One chapter in my life has finished and another as begun. I may never live in Greenville, or South Carolina again but I will miss it dearly. It has been my home since the summer of 2003, I have made some of my closest friends there, completed my MBA, started my own business (which ultimately led to this trip) and have had some amazing experiences during that time. Greenville, SC will be the gold standard that I compare all future cities to when I am considering living there. The friendly and compact downtown area, the revitalizing of old parts of the city, and the addition of new parks, restaurants and bars has made it a great place to live. I will miss Greenville, but most of all I will miss the friends there I have become so close to. Since all of my family is 700 miles away, and I have been single for the past 2+ years I have had to lean on my friends for support and encouragement and they have always been there for me. Right down to this past Friday when they threw me the best surprise going away party ever. Special thanks go out to Grant and Kristin for putting that together.


The first day of the trip is a relatively short one. I drove 3 hrs from Greenville, SC to Greensboro, NC to catch up with old friend and colleague Trent. He took me out for dinner and beers downtown and put me up for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment