Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 2

Jeep Odometer = 266080 km

Today I woke up early said goodbye to Trent and headed for the Outerbanks of North Carolina. It’s one of the only areas in the Carolinas I have not visited in the 11 years I have lived here (between Charlotte and Greenville), so I managed to incorporate into my trip so I can could have a look and see Cape Hatteras, Fort Raleigh and the site where the Wright Brother’s achieved powered flight.


I stopped briefly at Fort Raleigh National Park to see the site of the first British settlement in the United States, although it failed after only a year it does have historic significance. From there I headed straight to the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, dropped my Jeep’s tire air pressure to 20 psi and then headed down the beach for a few miles. It was a blast! Afterwards I checked into my campground, a very bland RV campground that is almost entirely empty, but it is the only thing available (the rest are closed for the season) and it is near the beach, plus they have WIFI and hot showers. I then headed further south to see the Cape Hatteras Light House and National Park, and took some great photos as the sun went down. Finally back to camp for some dinner (Tuna Helper with extra veggies), blogging, facebooking and bed. Tomorrow I will visit the Wright brother’s flight site and more.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment