Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 3

Jeep Odometer = 266674 km

Today I woke up to beautiful weather, warm temperatures, mild winds, and I was on the beach so I went for a nice 6 mile run.  Out on the beach and returned via road.  This really is the good life, I think I will get used to this lifestyle.  After breakfast and breaking camp I headed back North along Hwy 12 to Kitty Hawk to visit the Wright Brothers National Memorial and the site were the first powered manned flight took place on Dec 17th, 1903.  It's been somewhere I have always wanted to visit and it was very interesting and educational.

Next I headed further north into Virginia on my way to Richmond I stopped for a quick look around Williamsburg, unfortunately I managed to lock my keys in my car at this time so I ended up staying longer than expected.  Luckily the AAA coverage I just bought paid off and I was back on the road 30 minutes later.

I headed for Richmond, Va and met with my Couchsurfing host Ben.  Ben is a recent graduate engineer working at the VA hospital in biomechanics to help disabled people.  We went out for pizza and beer and some good conversation about work, travel, and living in Richmond.

Friday I will meetup with my friends from Greenville, SC at Luray Caverns and spend the weekend with them in Shenandoah Valley skiing, hiking and more.








No comments:

Post a Comment