Not just an idea...a life changing experience.

Freedom Thirty Five is all about experiencing life, not waiting until I'm 65 to retire. I want to see things I have never seen, meet new people, take on new challenges, make new friends and reconnect with old ones.



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FTF Day 7-12 - New York City!

I was excited to visit New York City again, this trip was my 3rd trip to the big apple. The last time was briefly in 2009 for Halloween, and then in 2008 for the marathon. I had a list of museums and sights I was hoping to squeeze, as well as a number of friends to catch up with.


Arriving by bus in NYC from New Jersey I made my way to Rose’s parent’s place, to meet with her and finalize some trip plans, and catch up since I had not seen her since November 2010. Since the weather was cold and rainy we got a lot accomplished. Monday night I headed to my friend Keith’s place where I would be staying for the week. He lives on the Upper east side of the city and has a great apartment overlooking the 59th Street bridge. I spent the next 4 days taking in the sites during the day and spending my evenings out with friends. I was lucky enough to catch up with Keith quite a bit, met some of his friends and went for a very fast run with him through Central Park. I also visited Rick and Gabrielle, my close university friends and met there adorable son max for the first time. Unfortunately he went to bed before I had a chance to get a photograph, so you’ll have to take my word for it.


The photos will give more detail, here’s a quick list of what I saw and did:


• Williamsburg
• Chinatown
• Little Italy
• SOHO
• Greenwich Village
• MoMA (Modern Museum of Art)
• The Natural History Museum
• The NYFD Museum
• Central Park (ran there several times)
• New York City Public Library
• The Soup Man (inspiration for the Seinfeld’s Soup Nazi)
• Washington Square Park
• St. Patrick’s Cathedral


Friday night Rose had a party to say goodbye to New York, friends and family from Connecticut, Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York attended. Mrs. Grech fed us all very well, and the night was a big success. This was a perfect end to another great visit to NYC. I did not find the time to enjoy too much nightlife, but made the most of my days and evenings.


Complete Album: FTF Day 7-12




No comments:

Post a Comment